- We do not have a clear and value-driven vision and strategy.
- We are unsure of our market and its demands and needs?
- We are having difficulties managing and driving decisions on where we should begin
- We are missing an overview when we develop new services and processes?
- Our current data park complicates following through with the changes we wish to implement.
A clear and well-articulated strategy is paramount to taking the right decision and create understanding among the business where we are headed but it is also the first step towards change.
A strategy can be divided into three phases. One separate strategy for the isolated project, one strategy which puts the isolated project in a context and finally common strategy where the single project is a natural part of the whole. This stepwise inclusive strategy often provides the basis of the digitalization of a company.
A strategy provides the background for investment decisions. To be able to deliver value to your customers, a dynamic set of limited resources and cooperating, interacting resources is a necessity. This requires governance, based on the business strategy, since this mirrors the market's future needs. By providing an overview of the future of the business, the strategy provides the basis for development of new services or improvement of pre-existing ones.
The business needs a documentation of the needs that the market has and a way of handling the investments. The basis for the decisions is provided by the decided strategy.